today is the official first birthday of this little blog and i’m feeling just a wee bit nostalgic — i took some time to go back to the first posts here and it’s pretty amazing to see how much lila and cole have grown and changed in such a short period of time.
i am oh so thankful to have this record of my children, for the encouragement of friends and family to get it started, and for all of you, who check in on our adventures from time to time (or every day) to see what we’ve been up to here in pinksugarland.
taking a few minutes each evening to pick a photo (or two) to share and to reflect on our day has really helped me to be grateful for the lovely life we have — and on those days that aren’t so lovely, to appreciate a happy moment or two tucked in amongst the chaos 😉
looking forward, the plan for this year is more of the same, keeping a daily-ish photo journal of our lives, as well as (hopefully) sharing more of the things we love, make, listen to and wear, and getting a few of the projects on our to do list around the house completed (i have dozens of ideas drafted and just need to sit down and finish one every once in a while!). if there is anything in particular that you want to see more of, just let me know and i’ll see what i can do!
looking back, here were the most popular posts of the last year:
10. easter glitter. glitter, more glitter and a few stripes too 🙂
9. halloween decor, snacks, and two sets of costumes — perhaps the biggest post all year.
8. airplane valentines still no plan for this year — better get on that!
7. counting down to daddy’s return from africa.
6. our stop motion camping trip one of my very favourites of the year!
5. lila’s fourth birthday letter and photos (which reminds me, i still have to post cole’s!)
4. lila in the window (this one went crazy on pinterest)
3. cole’s birth announcements which i am sad to admit are still sitting here in our house 🙁
2. the bubble looking forward to bringing the bubble outdoors when things warm up.
1. boxland! these houses are still played with on an almost daily basis.
here’s to another year of awesome adventures. thanks for joinging us for the ride!