imagine you’re a four year old that loves colouring… now imagine that you get a package in the mail one day with an activity book, scribbler, pencil crayons and pencils with your name printed all over everything. mind blown, am i right?!lila was just a little bit thrilled to receive this custom activity pack from the lovely folks at stuck on you and spent a good portion the weekend getting her doodle on.
not only are these goodies all personalized, but the illustrations are actually really cute too. we had a tough time choosing between the woodlands and arrr zap themes, but the little fox won lila over in the end. we also received some mini name labels that should be great for marking all of lila’s supplies when she starts kindergarten in the fall.
now onto the best part, stuck on you has offered up some twenty dollar gift vouchers so four of you can also get your hands on some cute personalized goodies (seriously, this company has something for everyone: labels, placemats, aprons, puzzles… the list goes on).
to enter, head over and like the stuck on you facebook page (don’t forget to grab the free shipping coupon while you’re there), and then come back here and leave a comment letting me know what you’d choose from the site if you win.
contest closes friday, march 22.
best of luck, and thanks to stuck on you for the awesome goodies!
we’ve been enjoying a lot of game nights this past little while, and given that it’s family day here in alberta, i thought today would be the perfect day to share. here are some favourites that keep the attention of the four year old and us.
1. bus stop: practice adding and subtracting while picking up and dropping off passengers as you drive your bus around the game board.
2. domorino: build your own custom set of dominos with the coloured chips and go.
3. super moose: see how many antlers you can balance on super moose’s rack.
4. bilibo: use the idea book or create your own games. the possibilities are endless.
5. candyland: the old classic 🙂
6. memory match 16: a twist on the typical memory game. comes with 8 game cards (and you can build your own cards too!).
this sweet little book arrived yesterday, and i think lila’s read it at least a dozen times already. i may have even read it a time or two without the kiddos around… i think it’s safe to say this one is worth adding to your collection (or checking out from your local library).
perfect timing with valentine’s day right around the corner 🙂
the perfect story to cure those post-holiday blues.
it may be getting a little late to pick up for this season (or maybe not, this one is still going strong around these parts), but it’s been a favourite in pinksugarland for the last couple of weeks and we would highly recommend you add it to your collection — the countdown until next christmas has already begun 😉
as with his big sister’s post, choosing a handful of gifts to share from cole’s birthday was not easy. along with a ton of awesome other toys (including one handmade(!) by a special friend) and books, here are a few goodies that both kiddos (and perhaps a few adults too…) have been playing with nonstop since his party!
choosing just a few gifts to highlight here was a wee bit difficult…
1. cardboard playhouse: enough said 😉
2. cash register: grocery shopping has never been so fun.
3. shadow puppets: i have feeling these are going to become a new part of the bedtime routine around here.
4. q & a journal: i am so excited to begin this with lila. the premise is to answer one question a day for three years, but i think i’ll end up doing one every few days (both because some aren’t yet age appropriate, and because i’m not sure i can stay on top of it every day) and having the journal span a few more years 🙂
as seen yesterday, this little fishing set is the newest hit toy around these parts. and today, the awesome people over at locally rooted have agreed to give one away to one of you!
to enter, head over and like the locally rooted facebook page (and leave a comment here letting me know you’ve done so)
for a second entry, because i actually first came across this awesome set on pinterest (and i love pinterest and the sharing of awesome stuff), share another comment below with a link to one of your favourite pins,
and finally, go sign up for email updates on the locally rooted site (and leave yet another comment) to get a third chance to win!
good luck, and thanks again to locally rooted for sponsoring this giveaway!
i’ve been on the lookout for a new nightlight for miss lila’s bedroom the past couple of months (to combat the “monsters in [her] happy dreams”) and now that we’ve settled on one (and seem to have the monsters under control), i thought i’d share a few of my favourites in case any of you are currently going through the same thing with your little ones at bedtime.
1. glo: complete with removable colour changing balls — so cool.
2. star: all-in-one night light, clock, sound machine and more.
3. light jar: lila absolutely loves the “fairies” that flicker around inside.
4. heart: love you. enough said.
5. rocket: this is the one we have in cole’s room, but it is just too cute to not share 🙂
we’re a wee bit smitten with all things thief & bandit these days (as seen here and here and as soon as order number two arrives, will be seen adorning my neck and wrist as well!) so i’m more than a little bit excited to announce that thief & bandit kids are giving away one of their ridiculously cute string headbands to one of you! yay!
to enter, leave a comment below letting me know a favourite item from either the kids’ or adults’ shop. and for an extra entry, comment again sharing something you’re excited to do this summer (or winter if you’re on the other side of the world) with your family!
contest closes friday june 1.
good luck, and thanks to thief & bandit for designing such awesome stuff!
we are so ready for summer around these parts — bring on the sunshine!
1. wooden ice lollies: lila’s absolute favourite toy these days
2. onesie: if i had a baby girl, you can guarantee she would be rocking this this summer
3. match game: a super sweet twist on the classic memory game (with full tutorial and free printables — win!)
4. glitter dipped yogurt pops: just plain pretty
5. quick pop maker: ice pops in seven minutes! i think i might be needing one of these…
a couple of years ago, as i was finishing up lila’s toddler bedroom, i came across this dotswold wallpaper and immediately knew it needed be in her room one day. last year, i ordered a swatch and fell even more in love. earlier this year, i finally went to order some, and anthro has discontinued selling it 🙁 i’ve been in touch with customer service and they are unable to share the designer so i’m reaching out into blogland to see if anyone out there can help!
even if i can only get my hands on a small piece, i’d be happy. happier yet if i can find a couple of rolls…
i know it’s a long shot, but if you have used this paper (or know someone who has) and would be willing to sell any unused portion i would be all sorts of happy. or if you can check your roll and see if there is a designer other than anthropologie listed anywhere on the product, perhaps i can find it for sale somewhere else!(edit: i’ve found the designer! now to find out if it is being printed by anyone else. still definitely on the lookout if anyone has any they’d be willing to part with.)
a few things i may not have survived the first month or two without 😉
1. total baby: we used this app for tracking feeding and diapers in the early days, and even just those two uses made it well worth the five bucks. there are a ton of other features as well — milestone recording, reminder alarms and compatibility with multiples to name just a few. it definitely saved my sanity in the middle of the night more than once.
2. nursing cover: not once have i worn this cover out (yes, it’s an accessory and nursing cover in one!) without being asked about it. it’s that awesome.
3. swaddling blankets: these blankets are the perfect size and thickness with just the right amount of stretch. we have some muslin wraps as well, which are also great, but i’ll always reach for one of these ones first given the choice.
4. bassinet: to be completely honest, we used this quite a bit more with lila than with cole, who primarily coslept before moving into his crib, but i love it too much not to include it here!
5. food: a number of friends sent over frozen prepared meals for us right when cole was born and it was so awesome to just pop something into the oven or crockpot without having to do all of the prep ourselves. if you happen to be in the edmonton or spokane areas, definitely check out cena — we were super impressed with the quality, and they even have a small discount for new moms.
as a child of the eighties — my trademark look as a five year old was those black bicycle shorts with a neon green stripe down one leg and neon pink down the other (with coordinating mismatched socks no less) — this recent resurgence of neon is both a little bit awesome and a little bit frightening. as long as the shorts don’t come back into style though, i think we’re good. 😉
here are a few fun things i’ve found around the web lately.